Wednesday, January 25, 2012

birthday card for my sister!

wouldn't this patterned paper make an awesome wallpaper??? that's what i kept thinking when i was making this card!

this is a birthday card (obviously) for my older sister. red & black are such classic colors (and her wedding colors, now that i think about it...) and i wanted something clean & timeless.


i trimmed the patterned paper to size & wrapped the black ribbon and secured. i then stamped the sentiment in red on grey paper (scraps! yay!!!) and popped up on foam tape over the ribbon & embellished with pearls.


materials used: Lush Red Diamonds by My Mind's Eye double-sided cardstock, MS small pearls, Paper Smooches Chit Chat stamp set, Black Satin Ribbon

1 comment:

  1. Kelly,

    I loved the card that you made me for my birthday!And yes - the patterned paper that you used was very awesome & pretty. Keep up all your good work - I enjoy seeing the card ideas you create! I'm proud of you! :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete