Wednesday, November 23, 2011

birthday tag!

i have just recently been trying out tags & really enjoying it. you can really go crazy with embellishments since you don't have to try & stuff them into an envelope. :) this one is for a birthday!
wanna know a secret? i heat embossed the circles on the bottom AFTER adhering the REAL wax birthday candle & kinda melted blue wax all over. with my husband watching. ::sigh:: so much for impressing him with my mad skills.

and yes, that is my amazing model, Smalls. it's always difficult trying to finish a project with both of my cats climbing all over my desk & tapping my to get my attention. or stealing all my stuff. but i love them too much to shut them out of the room. :) so i can't complain.

i used a premade tag and adhered patterned paper. i glued the candle down & used foam tape on both the polkda dot label & sentiment for dimension. then i embossed the dots (obviously in the wrong order, so learn from my mistakes).

materials used: Paper Studio tag base & patterned paper, Hero Arts Assorted Dot Border Stamp, White ZING embossing powder & Paper Smooches Chit Chat Stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment