Wednesday, November 2, 2011

silly cards are my forte, by the way...

i feel like when you send a card, you should mean what it says; that's why i started making my own. all those corny poems & silly sayings that seem so forced just didn't cut it! this card was for my dad - he turned 55 last week, therefore: 

the inside says 'see, there are BIG perks to getting older!' this was made using some houndstooth paper i had & chipboard stickers. i wanted to use alot of patterns (don't ask me why), so i used the vellum & blocks of simple woodgrain paper to calm it down a bit. my dad likes to spend time outdoors, so i thought the woodgrain was perfect. plus, it's basicgrey & i am a bit obsessed with their products.

thanks for coming by!

materials used: BasicGrey Life of the Party 6x6, own vellum, chipboard stickers & patterned paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment